Hearing loss services in Essex
Essex Cares Limited
ECL (Essex Cares Limited) delivers services on behalf of Essex County Council for people with sensory impairments living in Essex.
If you have sight loss, hearing loss or combined sight and hearing loss (Deafblind), their service can help you maintain independence and dignity in every aspect of daily life.
They can offer support and advice, including:
- Daily living skills, training and advice to maintain independence in the home
- Communicator Guide and Sighted Guide service
- demonstration and advice on specialist sensory equipment
- lighting and low vision assessments
- rehabilitation and mobility training indoors and outdoors
- environmental assessment and advice on adaptations and equipment
- support with developing communication skills
- advice and signposting to social activities and voluntary groups
You don’t need a referral from your GP or Adult Social Care, you can contact them directly:
Contact Essex Cares Limited (ECL) Sensory Services
Visit the ECL website for information on:
- Register a sensory impairment
- Visual impairment
- Hard of hearing or deaf
- Dual sensory impairment (Deafblind)
NHS hearing aid support service
NHS hearing aid support service work with those who have acquired hearing loss, by offering practical help, support, advice and guidance.
- 1-2-1 appointments in person, via FaceTime/Skype, or over the telephone.
- Telephone and Email advice service
- Assistive equipment demonstration and loan from our Resource Centre in Chelmsford.
- Home visits are available upon request.
- All Ears! Living with Hearing Loss Online Seminars.
Find out more from the hearing help essex website.